The Candidacy Mentor Program begins by the candidate selecting a mentor.
Begin by selecting a mentor.
NSCSW adds a Candidate Mentor Search tab to the member portal for new candidates. This tool allows you to search for mentors in your region, and through areas of specialization.
Many mentors have included their phone and email information for candidates to reach out to them. Contact your prospective mentor(s) to discuss whether you and they are a good fit.
When candidates are selecting mentors, they must consider:
The mentor must have at least two years of full time experience as a professional social worker acceptable by the Executive Director/Registrar and be registered as a:
a) Registered Social Worker
b) Registered Social Worker (Associate)c) Registered Social Worker (Retired Associate)
Also, see section on Conflict of Interest.
Send your mentor's name to NSCSW for approval before moving forward with the program:
- Visit the Candidate Learning Agreement tab in the member portal.
- Select your mentor in the list (typing registration number to find them works best) then click the submit button.
- If your mentor does not appear in the list, please ask your mentor to reach out to Alex Nelson, Regulatory and Applications Administrator, before you proceed.
- Your mentor will receive an email directing them to complete a digital form. NSCSW will review the form to confirm that the mentor meets the requirements of the program.
- You will receive an email notice when NSCSW approves your mentor.
- Start building your learning goals and objectives.